A few months ago we took Noah for pictures. They turned out really cute. I dressed him in a button down shirt with a white t-shirt under it and jeans rolled up a little with no socks or shoes. Very casual. He did a great job. Well, my father in-law has a friend at work from Guatemala (those of you who read this blog and have adopted from Guatemala know where I'm going with this post). I gave my father in-law a picture and being the proud Grandpa that he is he took it to work to show his friend. My father in-law called me after he showed it to her to tell me that his friend loved the picture except for one thing that upset her.... I knew right away what it was... Noah was not wearing shoes. In Guatemala, not wearing shoes is a sign of poverty. When we were traveling to pick Noah up our agency told us to bring shoes for him for this very reason. I kind of feel bad that I didn't put shoes on him. He has plenty of shoes...
1 comment:
He does have a lot of shoes
Post a Comment