I am way behind on blogging... just haven't been motivated to get to posting. I will catch up soon. I'm posting today because I didn't want to forget this conversation that I had with Noah. Let me preface this by saying that there has been some major testing going on here in Berwyn.
We went to see Toy Story 3 today. Noah was so excited and did a great job in the theater. He really enjoyed himself and sat through the entire show. After the show we were going to this little pizza place in La Grange and while we were walking to the restaurant from the parking lot he decides that he is going to throw his Woody doll. I told him that if he did it again I was going to take Woody away from him... he did it again and Woody went right into my purse. Noah wasn't thrilled but he handled it without throwing a fit and we continued on to dinner. He did fine at dinner (for the most part), so we ordered some gelato and went to sit outside to eat it. Noah chose not to listen numerous times to requests that either Scott or I made and had a smart little mouth. We quickly finished and headed home... cutting him a little slack because he had not had a nap. On the way home, Noah asked if he could have Woody back because he was going to be a good listener now... and this is how the conversation continued...
Me: No. I'm sorry. I told you that if you threw Woody again I would take him away. You can have Woody back tomorrow.
Noah: But I said that I was going to be a good listener now.
Me: You had a lot of chances to be a good listener and to do the right thing... now you will have to wait until tomorrow to play with Woody.
Noah: Why can't I have Woody back? I told you I was going to be a good listener. YOU are not making a good decision.
Me: Well, one- you threw Woody, two- you talked snotty, and three- you weren't a good listener.
Noah: Well, three- I was a good listener, two- I did not talk snotty, and one- I did not throw Woody.
Ok, seriously... how do you not crack up at something like that? Thank goodness he was in the back seat and didn't see Scott and I laughing. There are days when I just feel like I'm losing in the battle of wits with an almost four year old.
3 comments:
Oh My Gosh! That's histarical!!! My mom said are you really surprised?
Maria and Pam
Oh My Gosh! That's histarical!!! My mom said are you really surprised?
Maria and Pam
Sorry i made two of the same comments. Ddnt mean to.
Maria
Post a Comment