Friday, July 17, 2009

There's no place like Hayward...

Today was our last day in Hayward for 2009. Yep, you guessed it- another cold and gloomy day. We played a little soccer, went horseback riding and went to Grandma Cookie and Papa's cottage for dinner and our annual picture taking session (which is always a treat!).
I forgot where we got this goofy ball- but it was fun kicking it around!
I love this picture of Noah- I still see a little bit of my "baby". Waiting patiently for his turn to horseback ride... Ready to go!
Noah waiting for his horse, Casey, to get a drink.
At Papa and Grandma Cookie's cottage waiting to take pictures-
Me and my boy
Stef, Jeff, Joey, and Johnathon (Megan was back in Chicago working: (.
Noah anxious to get back to playing with his cousins!
Johnny and Noah- they are 13 months apart. Kate, Uncle Ed, and Aunt Betty
The Deiberts!
Jason and Nathan
Jessica, Jared, and Olivia
The whole gang! (minus Meg)
Grandma Betty with her girls- Barbara, Betty, and Jeanne-
Grandma Betty with her grandkids and great grandkids-
Grandpa Don and Grandma Betty
Nathan- sick of pictures.
Kate and Abby-
Josh, Caleb, Nick, Abby, Nathan, and Kate
The Berndt Boys minus Dad-
The Musky Boys-
Noah with his Aunt Stefanie-
Noah showing Great Grandma Betty some love!

Can't believe the week is over! We leave early tomorrow morning to head to my niece, Sarah's birthday party in Cary, Illinois. Overall, it was a nice week even with the cold weather. Noah loved playing with his cousins and I enjoyed not having to worry about the day to day responsibilities of being at home. Hayward is definitely not my idea of an ideal vacation (far from it actually) but it's tradition and you don't mess with tradition. I tend to get a little crabby when I'm bored and there's lots of "down" time in Hayward. I like vacations where there are many new things to do and experience- Hayward is the same year after year. I wish I were better at relaxing...

No comments: