Today, July 6th, is two years since we received the news that we were out of PGN and that Noah would be coming home! Definitely one of the best days of my life. After everything we had been through, we couldn't believe that we were finally going to bring our boy home... I can't help but smile just thinking of that day.
The other night I was feeling sentimental (after hearing Neil Diamond sing "Coming to America"), so I pulled up the video picture montages I made when I found out we were out of PGN and from when Noah was home. Noah watched them with me and Scott and loved seeing all the baby pictures we received with our updates. I really wasn't prepared for his questions.... I knew they were coming but I didn't expect them so soon. He asked several times when seeing the pics of him as a baby, "Mom, where are you?" "You're not holding me?" "Why?" I fumbled a little but did my best to answer his questions. He seemed satisfied and dropped the conversation. Then again today, he found the photo album that we had made for him while he was with his fostermom with pictures of us and our families... and he asked, "Mom, that's you? (yes, honey) and dad? (yep!), where am I, Guatemala?" I, of course, answer, "Yes, honey, you were in Guatemala." He didn't ask "why?" but I know it's coming. We thank God every night for making us a family- and it does help believing in God's amazing plan for each of us. This is only just the beginning... I know the questions get more and more difficult and I hope and pray that I am able to answer them in a way that gives Noah peace and reassures him of just how loved he is- by all of his families.
Click on "Noah is on his way!!!!" if you'd like to see the video again.
Love,
Barb
2 comments:
Isn't is amazing how fast the time has gone?!!!!!!! I am SO glad he is home with you guys!! He is So Cute and you both are lucky to have each other!!
You are so lucky to have a cute, smart,funny little boy in your family!!!!!!!!!!!
Jessica Rotstein
Post a Comment