Today is mine and Scott's twelve year wedding anniversary. Hard to believe. In some ways it feels longer and in others it feels like it has gone by in the blink of an eye (all in good ways, of course). We actually had fun planning our wedding. I like that stuff... the lists, organizing, flow charts (Yes, I had one for the church. Pastor thought I was nuts.), etc. Looking back, there are some minor things that I would change, but not much. It has been 12 FULL years. We've been through a lot together. My mom's death, infertility, miscarriages, lost jobs, grad school, adoption, cross country moves... all have brought us closer. We're lucky... just one or two of those things can tear couples apart. We do often comment to each other about how lucky we are. Not to brag, but I think I made an excellent choice in the man I married. He's a wonderful husband and an amazing father. He always puts mine and Noah's needs and wants ahead of his own. Sigh.... I'm feeling pretty blessed today. My son also told me today, "You're my best friend mom." What made it even more special is that we were just sitting at lunch not doing anything particularly fun or special. I'm a lucky girl.


1 comment:
Hey,
Happy Anniversery!!!
MARIA
Post a Comment