Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jeremiah's visit!

We were lucky enough to have my nephew, Jeremiah, stay with us the past few days while his mom and dad were at a wedding out of state. It was quite an adventure having two only children together for four days. For the most part, the boys got along great. There were times when they both seemed to need a break from each other but we weren't a block away from where we dropped Jeremiah off today when Noah said, "I want Jeremiah to spend the night again tonight." I think the experience was good for both of them.
On the first day, we were supposed to go swimming and have a picnic but it started to rain... so we moved our picnic inside.
After it stopped raining... we headed outside to get wet... the boys had a blast getting soaked with Maria. On Thursday night, Scott stayed with the boys while I went to dinner with some old friends. Cheryl (the one in the middle) and I have been friends since 5th grade and Annmarie and I have been friends since 6th grade. We had so much fun visiting and catching up. I smiled all the way home. Such a great night.
On Friday, the boys and I went to the Cermak Aquatic Center. I love this picture of them... they look like they are discussing something very important.
Two handsome guys...
While we were at the Cermak Aquatic Center, Jeremiah really wanted to do the lazy river... but Noah did not. I told Noah that we were going to do it because Jeremiah wanted to and we need to take turns doing what each of them wanted to do. Noah doesn't like the lazy river because he thinks it's boring. He said to Jeremiah, "Why do you like the lazy river? All it does is go around and around. You shouldn't like it. It's not fun." Jeremiah didn't respond... he just looked at Noah like he was crazy. Trying to teach him that not everyone has to like the same things... not getting it yet. He can definitely be a stinker.
Playing "dragon".
Noah fell asleep waiting for Jeremiah to get out of the shower. They were both sleeping by 8:00pm.
On Saturday, we took Jeremiah to the All Aboard Diner. He thought it was pretty cool.
A friend of my brothers stopped by on Saturday... he's a Berywn Auxillary Officer. The boys were pretty excited and thought it was pretty cool that they got to see a police car. They look a little nervous in this picture.
On Sunday, we went to the Cypress Cove Water Park in Woodridge. I think it's one of Noah's new favorite places. Actually, none of us wanted to leave. It had an amazing area for the boys and a really cool area with three water slides, a tube slide, a drop slide, and a lazy river for older kids. The pool area went from zero depth all the way to twelve feet deep. Noah LOVED diving for his diving toys. He can now also swim and go under water without holding his nose.
Having so much fun...
I swear, they must have gone on this slide at least fifty times.
Maria just chillin.
Uh-oh... trouble one and trouble two getting talked to by the lifeguard. They kept wanting to go down together and that is not allowed. I think this lifeguard got a kick out of these two... he knew that they were cousins and seemed to think it was funny that they wanted to do everything together.
Uh-oh... in trouble again. I asked the lifeguard to talk to Noah again and make him sit out for a minute because he wouldn't stop going down the slide when people were still at the bottom... even after lots of warnings from the lifeguard. After this time out... he never did it again. He looked every time to make sure that the person at the bottom had gotten off the slide completely.
Time to go : ( We definitely want to go back here at least one more time before the summer ends.
Thanks for coming over Jeremiah! We had fun and hope you did too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definately had a lot of fun at this waterpark. thanks for taking me.

Maria