Monday, November 30, 2009

3 trees, 2 hats, 1 cute boy!

We just about have the whole house decorated. We have so many Christmas decorations, it's actually kind of crazy. I have around five bins that I'm not even putting out and the house still looks like a Winter Wonderland according to Scott. I love it. Today during Noah's nap I just sat on the couch in my clean house admiring the decorations and missing my mom like crazy. I can hardly believe that she has been gone for almost ten years. I love taking out the Christmas decorations that were hers or that she gave me... those never get left in the bins.
This is a tree that my mom gave me one Christmas. It sings and has crazy green eyes. Noah loves it. It is in his room on his dresser.
Underneath the teddy bear is the book 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. My mom gave it to me. The teddy bear is from my friend, Bernadette, and it recites the story. I collect Christmas books and they are one of my favorite things to get out every year. I have eighty nine (a few are Noah's and one or two are Scott's). This is my first ever Christmas tree... my mom bought it for me 17 years ago when I moved into my first apartment after graduating from college. It's starting to look a little worn... but I won't ever get rid of it. We decorate this tree with ornaments from different places... from places we've been or that people have given us from places they've been. We also put blue lights on it in honor of my mom... she loved blue lights.
Our big tree... yes, I did rearrange some of the ornaments when Noah wasn't looking. Scott made me the cross for the top of the tree in 1995.
Noah made this hat today at preschool.
So cute...
He insisted I take a picture of him making this silly face... he's such a goofball.
Tomorrow is December!! I have not bought one present yet. What am I waiting for???

1 comment:

The Gonzales Girls said...

I love his tree!!!! I love how u put the letters that were on his dresser and put them as like presents!! That is soo cute!!



Maria