Ok, so Noah and I are at our Friday class together and it's the end of the session and circle time... towards the end of circle time each child gets to pick a song to sing. Miss Cathy asks Noah, "Noah, what song would you like to sing?" and Noah responds by belting out "Life is a highway and I want to drive it all night long. If you're going my way, I want to ride it all night long." No "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or "The Wheels on the Bus" for my kid. He is such a character. The other parents were great and started singing with him right away... and one other boy got it and said, "The song from Cars!" I swear I do teach him those other songs and he does know them- but he definitely prefers the songs from the Cars soundtrack. We play it constantly in the car on the way to daycare and he loves it.
As the title of this post states life seems to be moving so quickly lately. Noah has been doing such a great job going on the potty. He even remembered to tell me had to go when we were at Auntie Mary's house on Friday and again as soon as he woke up this morning. He's had underwear on since this morning and has gone poop once and pee pee twice on the potty- and NO ACCIDENTS! (Too much information?) I wish I could take credit for how well he's doing- but it's all him. I tried the potty training thing in December and he just wasn't interested so I backed off. I guess it's true what they say about not pushing it and letting them show you when they're ready. It's been a big month for this guy... big boy bed, no more high chair and now he's starting potty training (I'm not that naive that I don't realize it will be a while before he's actually potty trained). I'm a little sad... each day my baby boy is turning into my little boy a little more. I love watching him grow and learn and am so proud how quickly he picks things up... but does it have to go so quickly???
*I'm updating this post on Monday, March 9th at 4:40pm-- still no diapers for my little man. He went potty at Noodles and Co. and at Jewel today- told me he had to go at Jewel and "held" it as I hustled across the store. He's doing great!
No comments:
Post a Comment