Today was our 4th family day!! I really can't believe how quickly time has gone. Four years ago today at approximately 9:00am we met this amazing boy for the very first time and our lives were changed forever! Truly the most incredible day of our lives.
For the past three years, we celebrated this day doing something special with just the three of us. This year, Noah asked if he could invite the rest of his family. Scott and I thought, "Why not?!" and we sent a last minute e-mail to everyone inviting them to join us for breakfast at our house and then we took the train downtown to Millenium Park. Great idea, Noah!!
 |
| The cousins... not all of them were able to make it, unfortunately, but not too shabby a turnout for last minute notice! |
 |
| Noah and Jeremiah |
 |
| Maria and Pam |
 |
| Brooke, Adriana, Ally, and Destiny |
 |
| Kacie and her friend |
 |
| Timmers |
 |
| Timmy and Kevin |
 |
| Tyler and Joey |
 |
| Johnny and Stef |
 |
| Mary and Susie |
 |
| Jessica and Noah |
 |
| Jeremiah and his mom |
 |
| Noah and Scott |
 |
| Our beautiful boy |
 |
| Noah and Jordan |
 |
| The whole motley crew... yep, matching shirts and all. Kind of dorky, but who cares?? It was fun and it definitely helped with keeping track of everyone! |
 |
| Gotta get pictures by the bean! |
 |
| Chilly! |
 |
| Noah and one of his best buds, Maria |
 |
| Snack time... we had bags for all the kids with snacks and water or gatorade. You have to have snacks on a field trip, right?? |
 |
| Chad and Cathy... it was Cathy's birthday too. Thanks for spending your birthday with us Cath! Hope you had fun! |
 |
| Me with my tired boy... I have a picture of us on our first day together just like this. I'll have to find it. I love that picture. |
 |
| The kids spent a lot of time in this section with giant Tinker Toys. I loved how they worked together. It was fun to watch. |
 |
| Maria |
 |
| Destiny |
 |
| Brooke |
 |
| Creating |
 |
| Kev |
 |
| Soccer game with the cousins |
 |
| Ready to crash |
 |
| Destiny, Ally and Brooke |
 |
| Joey and Stef |
 |
| Mary and Brooke |
 |
| Susie and Jordan |
 |
| Kacie with her friend (I feel bad I can't remember her name :-( ) and Jeremiah |
 |
A very sleepy Kevin!
Such a wonderful day! I had such a great time with family and watching Noah run around with his cousins. Even after four years, I get teary eyed at times watching Noah with them. There was a time when I wasn't so sure I'd have my own ragamuffin joining in the "cousin" fun. The beginning of August is also Destiny and Jordan's Family Day. We are so grateful for them. Our family has truly been blessed by adoption!
Hope everyone had fun! We sure did! Thanks for joining us! Love you! |
1 comment:
I hope you have something good for this year . We had a great time . Love Cathy
Post a Comment