Saturday, January 8, 2011

First time ice skating...

I love days like today... relaxing, nothing scheduled and fun with my boys. Noah and Scott went to get haircuts while I took down some Christmas decorations. When they got home we headed to Red Robin's for dinner and then to the Seven Bridges Ice Arena in Woodridge to go ice skating. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about the ice skating. I wasn't sure how much fun it would be since Scott is the only one who knows how to skate. Well, it was a blast and Noah did really well for his first time. He didn't fall once, except when he tried to fall... because apparently falling is fun when you're a boy. Anyone that knows Noah knows that he loves to fall. He'll be standing one second and the next he's throwing himself on the ground. Crazy kid.
In the car on the way home from ice skating, I had this conversation with Noah after I thought he said, "Mom?"
Me: Yes Noah?
Noah: I didn't say your name.
Me: Oh, whose name did you say?
Noah: God's.
Me: What were you saying to God?
Noah: Just a little prayer.
Me: About what?
Noah: Just asking him to make it the night before tonight.
Me: Why honey?
Noah: Because then we'll have the whole weekend left instead of just one day.
I think this boy loves his weekends. Me too, my smart boy, me too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Ice skating Noah!