Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preschool screening...

I took Noah for preschool screening today. It went fine. He did really well. I was a little nervous because he doesn't really "perform" well on command. He was a little nervous at first so I went with him to the first area. Once he warmed up, I sat down to fill out paperwork and he was led to different "stations" to perform different tasks and answer questions. When he was at the second area, I kept looking up to see how he was doing... he was there a LONG time... so much so that I started to get worried that he was misbehaving or not cooperating. After I finished my paperwork, I walked over there to check things out... and the screener looks up at me and smiles and says, "He's doing really well. He's gone really far and is quite the talker." Yep... he is. Once we were back in the car, Noah proceeded to screen me by asking me all the questions that the ladies had asked him today. "Mom, can you say, '1, 7, 6, 4?'," "Mom, can you say a word that rhymes with bat?", "Mom, which letter makes the 'wa' sound?" "Mom, what do you do if you enter a room and it's dark?" "Mom, what do you do if you're thirsty?" "Mom, can you do this? (touching all his fingers to his thumb?" "Mom, how come that lady said that I skipped and no one skips?" "Why don't people skip, mom?" Yep, it was a fun ride to the mall!!

No comments: