Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Smarty Pants...

I know I am a little bit biased- but Noah really is getting to be a little smarty pants. He now knows the colors blue, green and red consistently and is doing pretty well with the alphabet. We were on our way to day care this morning and we were listening to our usual alphabet song CD (there's a song for every letter of the alphabet) and the Q song was almost over and Noah says to me "Mama, R next."- C'mon-- that's pretty good for a two year old, right??? His sentences are getting longer and he's really doing well with size concepts, visually scanning puzzles to complete them, and counting. He has such a good memory and continues to love books. He is such a joy, although there is a block of time between around 4:30 and 6:00 where you definitely know he is two. He is really tired at this point- yet not ready for bed and he tends to say "No" a lot and can be very emotional. He cries these huge crocodile tears and it takes all of our self control not to give in to whatever he is requesting at the time. He usually gets a second wind at around 6:00 and is back to his usual sweet self until bedtime at around 9:30. He now says his prayers before bed and it is just priceless to see him fold his little hands and say, "Dear God..." his usual prayers are "Dear God, thank you (for) family" or Dear God, thank you everything." I will try to remember to video tape him this weekend and post it here. It really is so cute. I hope he grows up knowing that he can take anything to God in prayer.
Tomorrow we have a doctor's appointment for Mr. Noah- his two year check-up- one month late. We're seeing a new doc- I'm hoping Noah feels comfortable with him. He's usually pretty friendly- but he's had some bad experiences and the white coat seems to definitely make him nervous. I'll post his updated stats... although I'm sure he's in the 90th percentile or higher for both height and weight. I took some cute pictures this weekend, I just haven't had a chance to upload them yet.. I will soon.
Noah and Maria-they adore each other! Until later, Barb

No comments: