Today was Noah's first day of 4 year old preschool. I'm having very mixed feelings about sending him. I am also struggling with returning to work full time and not ever being able to drop him off or pick him up. Scott and I have been talking a lot lately about holding Noah back a year from kindergarten. He misses the cutoff by one week and he's the youngest in his class again this year. I'm not at all concerned about his academics, it's more his maturity. Academically, he already knows what they told us they expect him to know when he is finished with four year old preschool. He's doing well with all that. I know I don't have to make the decision yet and a lot can change in a year, but I think about it constantly. We've spoken with a lot of people and not one person has discouraged us from holding him back. In fact, we've had many people tell us that they've never heard anyone regret holding their child back but they have heard of people who regretted not holding them back. I've spoken with social workers, teachers, mothers of the youngest in the class, and even my pediatrician. Why does every decision you make as a parent seem so HUGE???
Enjoying the breakfast of champions... a donut and a fruitcup.
No comments:
Post a Comment