Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3 and a hook!

Our boy is three and a hook today!! No, we don't usually celebrate half birthdays in our family but since Noah's birthday is in the summer, he got to celebrate his birthday at school on Monday. He is the youngest child in his class. Today he got to go to the fire station with his class on a field trip. Scott got to go with him- which I think Noah liked more than actually going to the fire station.
My boy on Monday all set to go to preschool with cupcakes for his friends.
Do you think he's excited?
My handsome boy showing most of his teeth! Anxious to help pass out his cupcakes... Putting together his felt birthday cake with his teacher, Mrs. Blatchley.
Not sure who the not so nice look was directed at... maybe me for taking so many pictures.
Happy 1/2 Birthday to Noah!
Tapping (gently, of course) his friends so they could go wash their hands for snack!
A few weeks ago at dinner, Noah told Uncle Mark that he loved Ava (a little girl at preschool). Uncle Mark told Noah that he should ask Ava if she could wiggle her nose. Noah's cubby is right next to Ava's cubby. Today when we were hanging his coat up at school, Noah whispers to me... "Mom, I want to ask Ava if she can wiggle her nose." and I said, "Well, go ahead." so he taps her on the shoulder to get her attention and says, "Ava, can you wiggle your nose?" and she says, "No, I can't." very sweetly. and Noah responds, "Oh." Ava's mom starts cracking up and says to Noah, "That was a really good question Noah." My little man... such a stud. If he continues to take Uncle Mark's advice on talking to girls, I don't think we have to worry about him dating... ever. (Ava is the little girl on the end in the first picture- two away from Noah.)
To say that Noah is a character would be an understatement. He'll be driving us crazy one minute and the next he'll have us cracking up. He is definitely challenging us more than ever these days. He LOVES pretend play and books the most. Once you read him a book two or three times, he can "read" it back to you... almost word for word. His memory is actually pretty amazing. He has been potty trained for over a year now (hard to believe) and has only had ONE accident. He very rarely stops talking...and if he doesn't have anything left to say, he'll sing a song until he thinks of something else to say. He can be exhausting but 99% (OK, maybe 95%) of the time, I love it. He's not crazy about coloring or art projects but will do them. He likes to help mom and dad cook (yes, we have been cooking, believe it or not!). He pushes too much when playing with others... I'm not sure why either. He's usually not being mean, I think he thinks it's fun or funny and it drives me crazy. He is not the best at playing with others... he definitely wants things his way and sometimes has trouble sharing. Yet other times, he is so generous and kind and caring. I guess you could say he's really good at being 3 and a hook... the good, the bad, and the ugly!!

1 comment:

Ruthanne said...

Wow! I can't believe he's already 3 and a hook! Where'd that time go? He's SO stinkin' cute...maybe he could come play sometime and he and Andrew could push each other (and give Daniel a little break from it. lol)