GO CUBBIES!
Seriously mom, enough with the pictures!
Waiting for our train!
Definitely worth the wait!
August 12, 2008
On August 12th we celebrated our first FOREVER FAMILY DAY! We cannot believe that it has been a year since we brought this amazing child home from Guatemala. It has been an unbelievable adventure and we are so humbled that God chose us to be Noah's parents. Every single night I thank God for him... he is such a gift. On this day we also could not help but think about what Noah's birthparents and fosterparents must be feeling. We are sure that they miss him terribly and wonder how he is doing. We have been trying to keep in touch with his fosterparents... but I have not heard back from them in a few months. I will continue to send pictures hoping they get them. We are so grateful to Noah's birthmom for making an adoption plan for him... she will forever be in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.
As for our 1st Forever Family Day...
Scott took the day off so that we could all be together. Noah loves trains right now so we decided to take him on a train ride. He absolutely loved it! He had such a look on his face the entire time- like he couldn't believe he was actually on a REAL train and not just looking at one saying "Mama, train." It was priceless. We took the train to downtown LaGrange and had some lunch, played in the park, got some ice cream and took the train back home to take a nap. Noah had a little cold and was wiped out.
This year has really just flown by. I wish I could slow time down a little.... I feel like Noah's just growing up too fast. I guess that happens! Tomorrow I'll post with some pictures from his 2nd birthday!

No comments:
Post a Comment