Friday, October 17, 2008

It's been a while...

I know... it's been a while since I've blogged- I'm such a slacker! Let's see... what can I fill you in on? Noah's doctor appointment last month went well... no shots and he's doing really well. I do believe the doctor used the word "perfect"- but I don't want to brag too much. Noah is 35 inches tall and he weighs 32 pounds. The doctor says he is in the 50-75th percentile for height and the 75-90th for weight. He was definitely in the mood to show off that day so he was talking for her, counting, jumping, walking backwards and being pretty friendly- and she definitely seemed impressed. He can be such a show off (and Scott just loves it!). Scott and I are loving this age so far... he does tend to say "NO" a lot more- but he is also just so much fun. He really is quite a character and just the light of our lives. Scott and I were talking the other day about how we never imagined we could love someone so much... it really is overwhelming (in an amazing way) sometimes. Scott said his heart feels so "full" and that's definitely a good way to describe it.
Noah had his first day of Sunday school a few Sundays ago. It's a really cute class... a parent has to stay and it's just for two year olds. So far, there are only two other children in the class... two girls. Noah is the youngest- but the biggest. He's like a bull in a china shop around them- they are kind of tiny and I'm so afraid he's going to knock them over sometimes. I do have to say that Noah is the master pray-er. He loves folding his hands and saying "Dear God...". The other parents and the teacher really get a kick out of it.
Let's see, what else??? Work is going OK. I hate being away from Noah- but we are all adjusting. Karen (Auntie) is just amazing and we feel so blessed that she was willing to take Noah. He adores her and I think the feeling is mutual. He's learning so much from her and from the other kids... which I'm happy about, but it also makes me a little sad- because I'm not the one he's learning all this new stuff from. Noah can now count up to 14 on a fairly consistent basis- 1-10 is a breeze for him now- unless he's being silly and then it's "Mama, 1, 2, 3, 5," etc." and he looks at me like he's so funny. He's definitely making progress with his A, B, C's- but everything is on his terms. He's loving trains right now-- especially Thomas, which I'm not too thrilled about. If any of you have watched it... don't you think they sound so snotty sometimes? It really bugs me. They sound like they need a social work group about how not to talk to your friends.
We went to a pumpkin farm last weekend... it was a lot of fun. Noah loved feeding the animals and riding on the train. He was so cute waiting in line for the train... he kept saying, "Mama, wait turn." Scott actually complained more than Noah did about the long wait.
Oh, I have to brag for a minute about my nephew, Willie--- he made all-conference for his high school soccer team. He's a junior at Palatine High School and just an all-around great guy. We are so proud of him for ALL of his accomplishments. CONGRATS AGAIN WILLIE!
Proud mama and her all-conference soccer player!
"Mama, too heavy!"
10/5/08: 1st day of Sunday school

So much cuter than Casper!

Me with my little pumpkin.

Johansen's Farm in Bolingbrook, IL

Feeding the pony with daddy Well, that's it for now... it's WAAAY past my bedtime. We are finally taking Noah for pictures tomorrow. For those of you who know me well... I know you are in total shock that I'm not better about taking him for pictures. I think it's because I take so many myself. Have a great weekend!

Love,

Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pic of Noah and the big pumpkin is so cute.Send Auntie the pic.Jessica